Point Progress Ltd take security very seriously. We are committed to ensuring that we have processes in place to keep information secure, and have gained this certification to help us better protect ourselves against cyber-attacks.
What does Cyber Essentials cover?
The Cyber Essentials scheme offers very clear guidance on technical measures which must be implemented, across five different areas:
· Firewalls – to protect all devices
· Secure configuration - only necessary software, accounts and apps are used
· User access control – control of user accounts and administrative access & rights
· Malware protection – implement effective virus protection measures
· Patch management - keep your devices, software and apps up to date.
What does this mean for our clients?
By gaining the Cyber Essentials certificate, Point Progress has ensured that we have the technical controls in place to be protected against the vast majority of common cyber-attacks. Our clients can be assured that our cyber security awareness and management is in hand, and that the data we hold is safe.
We are also reducing our risk of any interruptions to service which may be caused because of a cyber-attack.