GDPR covers a range of data protection subjects, but Article 30 is important because it addresses the issue of ongoing compliance.
Article 30 says: “Each controller and, where applicable, the controller's representative, shall maintain a record of processing activities under its responsibility.”
What does this mean?
It means that after 25th May 2018, there are responsibilities for each and every business to keep records of accountability with regards to all its data processing.
For data controllers, this means keeping records of data, how and by whom it is handled, and the retention period. It also means having effective means of remembering when this data is to be deleted.
It is not the principle, but the practice which will be very difficult to implement. Business’s will need to ensure that all data is compliant and managed correctly – a seemingly daunting task.
But it doesn’t have to be.
i-Comply-GDPR has been designed with exactly this pain in mind.
To be able to manage data, with reminders set to manage retention. This will give you the peace of mind that your business is compliant.
· Step-by-step Getting Started guide
· Easy to use Data Audit process
· Policy Builder with built-in templates
· Set up reminder and add data assets
· Ensure you don’t miss important data milestones
· Confirm your staff know their responsibilities
· Prepare for incoming Personal Information Requests
· Monitor progress with clear graphical views
Visit i-comply-GDPR.com to find out more.