1. Make employees provide a receipt for every purchase a mandatory requirement
2. Have an expense policy that clearly states what can and what cannot be claimed on expenses
3. Analyse patterns of spending behaviour with individuals and departments
4. Have appointed personnel to authorise expense claim who fully understand the expense claim requirements and prepared to challenge abnormal spending
5. Introduce random expense spot checks, where a handful of expense claims will be analysed for spending activity. This will act as a deterrent to employees submitting false or over-exaggerated claims.
For more information on employee expense management click here